Thursday, October 9, 2008

This is Mark "air swinging" at the Russell's cabin Our lovely family
Jon and Shelby with a giant sneaking up behind them
"Mark the reason you think I never post anything about you is because you never take the time to look at our blog....look I even put a picture up of you...
shut up I know how to put diapers on my own baby....
Its because they are too small.....I told you they were too small like a month ago... "

(just a snippet of converstation that just happened here)

hmm let's see has anything interesting happened since when was the last post? June?
Well we went on a few trips: Cortez, Colorado visiting or perhaps annoying family there and pilaging the countryside. The Mountain Man Rendezvous in Fort Bridger, Wyoming. We bought some leather to make clothing and we ARE dressing up next year...gay i know- I love it though! We got some marriage councelling in Beaver canyon while camping with the Russells over the weekend... we had a great time hanging out, playing the most radical game "Settlers of Catan" and showing the Russells how us giants roll (giants is code for fat-heads) Actually they showed us how they roll and taught us all about nice jeans . This next upcoming weekend we'll be heading out near moab for some more goofing off in the great outdoors...um and I'd be more specific but I don't really know exactly what were doing out there and who else will be there.

ok other stuff. Little Madelyn has learned to ride her bike! Yeah that was one of the things I wanted her to learn this summer (along with pumping herself on the swing and cleaning the house for me) I'd like to take all the credit but Mark was there too, pushing a wimpering Madelyn along the basketball court onto the grass. It only took a couple days of that and then it was like it just clicked...now she rides all over and wants to go out and ride all the time. ...and it's annoying - I didn't think of that before.
Some days I ask Madelyn "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I'm always excited to hear about her ideas and where in the world they are coming from. These are some of the answers that I've gotten this last month: a ballerina, a dentist, a verterinarian, a mountain climber, an astronaut, a rock star.

Josie missed her 4 month appointment on monday which I will reschedule tomorrow (I've been telling myself that since monday). She is still the most adorable and sweet baby in the world...ok ok except for prince Owen (the Russells baby).

I'm coaching my last week of soccer thank heavens. Today I had to take both the girls to practice which would have worked out fine except for the hurricane force winds up there in Highland. We were all cold and that kind of wind makes it difficult to control the ball at all let alone teach a bunch of spazzy high school girls to control the ball.
Last week I baked whole wheat bread for which I grinded the wheat myself in our vintage grinder that my grandma gave to us. Thanks grandma!
I washed Hanz today. He is so thankful ..I can tell. He had matts and burrs all over and I cut them out.
Mark has a mustache. He looks very distinguished. I tell him he looks like an official - of what I don't know

3 comments:

crystal said...

Cute pictures! It's beautiful up there!

Professor Plum said...

hey coach! I just noticed yer pics from the cabino... good times! Did you guys ever get some nice jeans or... thanks again for the good times and the lessons in romance.

Shelly Bean said...

you are funny. we miss you guys.